The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors Diversity Membership Work Group seek nominations for the 2018 Diversity Champion Award. This award recognizes exceptional efforts to promote the full and equal participation of diverse people within the insurance and financial advising profession. NAIFA members in good standing are eligible for this prestigious award.
The recipient will receive a recognition award and a complimentary one-year membership in the Association.
To be a champion of diversity, recognize the value of our differences and advocate for all members of our community. We embrace inclusion for all; including those that experience discrimination or under representation.
Criteria for the Diversity Champion Award:
A Diversity Champion presents a unique blend of experience, skills, accomplishments, and other qualities. A nominee must be a member of NAIFA in good standing and have at least five years’ experience in the insurance and financial services industry. The Committee will consider the nominee’s trailblazing efforts in one or more of the following areas:
• Creates and promotes diverse and inclusive workplaces
• Raises awareness and fosters communication within the financial services industry and the community
• Supports inclusion and encourages diverse individuals to reach their professional goals
• Fosters awareness and a commitment to diversity and inclusion within the NAIFA membership
• Provides insurance and financial services in underserved and diverse markets
An individual may champion the cause of diversity in many ways. An award application should reflect all the efforts and achievements of a nominee. Some of the ways a nominee may champion diversity could include:
• Create or support affinity groups, diversity committees or provide leadership in organizations committed to promoting positive action for diversity and inclusion.
• Act as a recruiter, manager or mentor, to promote the inclusion and success of diverse individuals in the profession.
• As a speaker, an advocate, or public relations contributor, raise awareness of the issues of equity, diversity and inclusion in the professional community, the NAIFA community, or the community at large.
• Pursue research or study, and/or develop educational programming on issues related to equity, diversity, and /or inclusion.
• Engage a diverse clientele to bring insurance and financial services to under-served markets.
To nominate someone for the 2018 Diversity Champion Award, click the green Submit an Entry button in the upper right corner of this screen.
Nominations do NOT roll over from previous years. Please complete a new nomination form each year.