Application Deadline: June 4, 2018
Applications received after this dates will not be considered
How is a person nominated for YAT Leader of the Year?
A YAT must be nominated by a current NAIFA member, however the nominee will be responsible for filling out the online application that outlines his or her qualifications. All applications MUST be submitted online. No faxed or mailed applications will be considered.
Each nominee’s application should be supplemented with three letters of recommendation, preferably one being from an individual who is not involved in the industry. As a guideline, the recommendation letters should address how the nominee conducts business, how they are involved in their community and in the industry in general. The recommendations should also highlight how the nominee stands out and what makes them a strong candidate for the award.
Recommendation letters should be submitted via email as an attachment to: email@example.com ensuring that the name of the nominee is clearly indicated.
What are the minimum qualifications for a YAT Leader of the Year nominee?
A nominee must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a current NAIFA member
- Have a minimum of four years in the profession
- Be an involved member of NAIFA
What attributes are desirable in a nominee?
- Served in NAIFA leadership position at the local, state or national level
- Be a LILI graduate or currently enrolled in LILI
- Has a recognized industry designation
- Contributes to the PAC
- Has participated in PIC activities
- Actively involved in membership activities, including recruiting new members
- Is involved in external service work such as charities, colleges or other entities
How Will the Award be Judged?
Each nominee will be considered on whether or not he or she has met the minimum requirements and any additional qualifications he or she may have. The nominations will be reviewed by a committee of NAIFA volunteer leaders and staff who will determine the achiever.
What Recognition will the YAT Leader of the Year Award Recipient Receive?
- Complimentary registration to the NAIFA Performance + Purpose 2018 Conference in San Antonio, TX
- Airfare to the NAIFA Performance + Purpose 2018 Conference, up to $500*
- Three nights complimentary hotel at the headquarters hotel during the 2018 conference
- Commemorative award
- Notice of the award in NAIFA publications
The award is non-transferable. The YAT Leader of the Year is expected to attend the NAIFA Performance + Purpose 2018 Conference and participate in YAT events and activities at the Conference
*NAIFA will reimburse the lowest roundtrip coach fare not to exceed $500