Testa Companies seeks artists interested in contributing work to the North Side Outdoor Gallery- a Knight Arts Challenge winner.
Artists will have the chance to market their creations to a wide variety of enthusiasts while using their art to activate and entertain those in the community.
North Side Outdoor Gallery will launch in May of 2017 and will consist of reproductions of art. All mediums accepted although some will be photographed in order to allow for representation in the outdoor gallery. The gallery will be installed along Furnace Street and Howard Street on the North Side and will be available for public viewing for 12 months.
Ten winners will be selected to have their art reproduced and installed in the gallery, at the end of the 12 months there will be an event auctioning the work. The artist has the option to auction of the original piece at their value, in turn they will receive 75% of the commission. If the artist chooses to auction the reproduced artwork they will receive 25% commission.
Winners will also receive:
· $300 Cash prize
· Invitation to VIP auction event
· Included in advertisement and editorial article in Akron Life Magazine
· Included in advertisements in the Marriott’s rooms, And Northside District Retailers
· Promotion through DAP and Summit 365 websites
· Additionally, digital works of art will be selected to be displayed on a large outdoor digital screen. These works will be in full view of the public in the district and hotel guests from their rooms.
GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURE
April 6, 2017 – Application due
Week of April 10, 2017 – Panel to review applications
May 6th – Opening Reception