he QRC/WIMARQ Resources Awards for Women form part of our strategy to increase the proportion of women in Queensland’s resources sector to at least 20 percent in non-traditional roles by 2020.
The awards, now in their 13th year, provide a platform to develop female ambassadors, role models and mentors to aid the attraction, retention and development of women in the resources sector.
Winners of the state awards become finalists in the Women in Resources National Awards presented later in the year.
- address the selection criteria in the online entry form
- upload a brief CV
- upload a photograph of you at work (close-up is best) at high resolution (300dpi or greater) and a portrait shot.
- provide a video of yourself with brief answers to the selection criteria (ie your key points). This can be uploaded after the closing date.
- applications close COB Monday 30 October 2017
- applications are invited from women working in all areas of the Queensland minerals and energy sector
- applicants do not have to work for a company that is a member of the QRC
- If the winner's employee is unable to arrange travel, QRC will arrange for the winner to attend the RAW presentation in Brisbane at QRC’s International Women’s Day Breakfast at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre on 8 March 2018, from 7.30am.
- applicants should be aware that section winners will play an ambassadorial role for the following 12 months and may be requested to speak at or attend events, and take part interviews with the media.
- applications can be made on behalf of another person, so long as the candidate has knowledge of the application and input to the application. However, applications in the applicant's 'own voice' are preferred.
Please supply a video of yourself, shot on Iphone or siimiliar, with short answers to the selection criteria as part of your application
- Shoot in landscape (ie hold the phone sideways)
- Make sure the background is interesting (perhaps a site backdrop, or an office environment with not too much clutter)
- Make sure there is no or little ambient background noise. Eg, don't shoot it next to a ball mill.
- Check the video for focus and audibility of voice prior to saving and sending
- Upload to a dropbox or other file sharing platform and upload the URL In your online application
- Videos can be uploaded after the closing date for nominations, but prior to the judging round mid November. Entries will be considered without a video, but this might disadvantage your nomination.