We often hear that Calgarians don't know that our city's 152 community associations are run by their neighbours and other volunteers in their community.
As a way to highlight and showcase the many different faces of community volunteers, we at the Federation of Calgary Communities launched the Faces of Community in 2017 as part of our March Community Association Awareness Month campaign!
Faces of Community are community volunteers who are passionate about helping improve neighbourhood life in their community. Throughout the month of March we showcased volunteers from community associations across the city, who are all dedicated to their community in a variety of different ways.
the link below to meet the 2017 Faces of Community:
We are now looking for nominations for the 2018 Faces of Community!
Do you know of someone in your community who meets the below qualities? If so, nominate them today! You can also nominate yourself.
Twelve (12) Faces of Community will be selected for 2018.
· They have been volunteering in the community for 2+ years
· They go above and beyond what is expected of them without need for recognition
· They are always looking for new and exciting ways to improve the community
· They build community through activities that engage residents
· They are a motivation and inspiration to others
· Their efforts have positively impacted quality of life within the community
The nomination deadline is October 15, 2017.
What does it mean to be a 2018 Faces of Community?
· Take part in a professional photoshoot in early November
· Submit your story on how you got involved with your community association, your role, what kinds of things you work on, and what it means to you
· Film a vlog (video blog) about what being a Face of Community means for you
· Film a vlog (video style blog) about what a “day in the life” of a Face of Community is like
· Receive a digital copy of your professional portrait and group photo
· Be revealed and recognized at our Faces of Community event in March, 2018
· Be showcased as a 2018 Face of Community in a variety of ways throughout the year
· Contribute to media interviews and media relations activities throughout March Community Association Awareness Month
· Group photo, individual portraits, accompanying stories, and vlogs will be featured on our website and promoted on social media and public advertisements throughout March Community Association Awareness Month
· Group photo, individual portraits, accompanying stories, and vlogs to be used in other marketing and promotional materials for community association involvement (e.g. videos, postcards, posters, public advertisements, etc.)
Please Note: We will no longer be calling for Annual Community Volunteer Award nominations, as Faces of Community is replacing them as our new volunteer recognition program!