Host to 1,500+ conference delegates, the 2018 GPS Technical and Business Conference will attract over 150 expert speakers in their field. This premier conference will provide a platform for all industry players to share new technologies, develop strategies, and introduce new energy sources not yet discovered.
With the 2018 call for abstracts now open, technical professionals have the opportunity to submit proposals before February 28, to be considered for the 2018 GPS Conference. Global Petroleum Show is testament to the rising demand for knowledge exchange in our ever-changing energy world.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE 28 FEBRUARY 2018
CALL FOR PAPER GUIDELINES
Technical and poster presentations for the conference will be selected from proposals submitted to the conference program committee. Early submission is particularly important to ensure that the committee members have ample time to review the paper proposals. Late proposals will not be accepted.
A proper review of your abstract requires that it contains adequate information on which to make a judgment.
Written in English and containing 450 words, proposals should include the following:
- Objectives/Scope: Please list the objectives and/or scope of the proposed paper. (25–75 words)
- Methods, Procedures, Process: Briefly explain your overall approach, including your methods, procedures and process.(75–100 words)
- Results, Observations, Conclusions: Please describe the results, observations and conclusions of the proposed paper.(100–200 words)
- Novel/Additive Information: Please explain how this paper will present novel (new) or additive information to the existing body of literature that can be of benefit to and/or add to the state of knowledge in the petroleum industry. (25–75 words)
- The proposed abstract must contribute to petroleum technology or be of immediate interest to the oil and gas industry, and should contain significant new knowledge or experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Data in the paper proposal must be technically correct.
- The proposed abstract may present information about equipment and tools to be used in exploration and production. Such paper proposals must show the definite applications and limitations of such equipment and should avoid undue commercialism and extensive use of trade names.
- The substance of the proposed abstract must not have been published previously in trade journals or in other professional or technical journals.
- Your proposal could be accepted for presentation in a technical or eposter session.
- Authors whose abstracts are accepted will be required to provide a manuscript of (3000–7000 words) for inclusion in the conference proceedings. GPS operates a “no material, no podium” policy whereby if the material associated with the presentation is not received by the due date, it will be withdrawn from the program and not allowed to be presented.
- Detailed instructions on the preparation of presentations will be sent to corresponding author of each accepted paper.
- GPS assumes no obligation for expenses by authors for travel, lodging, food, or other incidental expenses.
- Accepted authors will be offered a discounted full conference registration fee.
- Obtain the necessary clearance for the proposed presentation from your management.
- Submit your paper proposal online. It is critical that all information requested on the form be provided in full and in the order requested. The deadline is 28 February 2018.